I would never have thought to question the claim that Flight 77 (a 757) was the plan that hit the Pentagon. But now it would seem some are and there are clearly some details that have yet to be established as many video accounts and reports have not been released, even now. This Flash movie outlines the (conspiracy) theory.
This timeline gives a detailed accounting of the events leading up to the crash (or supposed crash) of flight 77. Here are some excerpts:
2. Keith Wheelhouse says the second plane was a C-130, two others aren’t certain. [Daily Press, 9/15/01] Wheelhouse “believes it flew directly above the American Airlines jet, as if to prevent two planes from appearing on radar while at the same time guiding the jet toward the Pentagon.” As Flight 77 descends toward the Pentagon, the second plane veers off west. [Daily Press, 9/14/01]
3. USA Today reporter Vin Narayanan, who saw the Pentagon explosion, says, “I hopped out of my car after the jet exploded, nearly oblivious to a second jet hovering in the skies.” [USA Today, 9/17/01]
4. USA Today Editor Joel Sucherman sees a second plane. [eWeek, 9/13/01]
5. Brian Kennedy, press secretary for a congressman, and others also see a second plane. [Sacramento Bee, 9/15/01]
6. An unnamed worker at Arlington national cemetery “said a mysterious second plane was circling the area when the first one attacked the Pentagon.” [Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, 12/20/01]
7. John O’Keefe is driving a car when he sees the Pentagon crash. “The first thing I did was pull over onto the shoulder, and when I got out of the car I saw another plane flying over my head…. Then the plane—it looked like a C-130 cargo plane—started turning away from the Pentagon, it did a complete turnaround.” [New York Law Journal, 9/12/01]